Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pulling out the tired old 312






These pics were taken as I pulled the old 312 to swap in the new 292 stroker setup AND The AOD transmission. Just in case I couldn't remember what something was supposed to look like. Might help, might not.
btw, the engine I pulled, was a great engine from my previous rebuild of about 22 years previous, but it began to smoke very badly. I think it is an oil ring, but not sure. because compression is still good. It ran fantastic, just smoked. 
At the 2005 Birdsapalooza I was finally beaten out by ACE driver Don Hyde. I still got rookie of the year!
The old engine was a 312 with C heads oversize valves and polished and ported, Blue thunder intake. An isky cam with stock exhaust.
Also shown is the engine compartment after I began some clean up and priming.


No comments:

Post a Comment