Friday, January 2, 2009

Trunk mounted Battery




The oil filter setup required that I mount my battery in the trunk. That was ok by me as I felt like it would clean up the engine compartment. I also installed a kill switch which exits thru the backup light lens, for use at the Drag Strip.
I also installed a "Painless" Heavy Duty Solonoid  to disable the alternator and kill the car's electrical when necessary. That turned out to be a nightmare for me as I'm illiterate when it comes to electrical wiring matters. But with several helpers, (they) got it figured out.
Mounting the Battery in the trunk also requires you install a bullkhead between the passanger compartment and the Battery.
I made mine from aluminum sheet and Rich Nordholm  rolled a nice bead around it to finish it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment