Friday, January 2, 2009

Remote Oil Filter mount





The main reason I did this is because the headers I use on my tbird are great. I bought them from FORD powertrain in Seattle But, when you need to change oil filters you have to turn the filter on its side when removing it and it will of course spill all over the collector. Hard to clean up and you can't really get the oil out between the tubes-so it's gonna burn. I could have just stuck a piece of sheetmetal in there to divert it all but that would be to easy for me.
Besides, really I always wanted a remote filter cause it looks cool! And I could mount my battery in the trunk-even better for the cool factor. hehe.
From the photos you can see at first I tried one type of blck fitting and then later changed it to another. And I also had teflon braided stainless lines made to fit, all which work much better. John Mummert also has a billet block fitting available but I was not aware of it at the time I did this. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan,
    I'm putting together a 1956 F-100 using a Walton Fabrication custom built frame. It'is the first frame he's built with a Y-Block installed in it. I'm also going to run three 2's with an AODE trans. Just got the frame out of the powder coating shop and need to paint all the suspension parts to start assembly of the frame. Who do you plan on purchasing your transmission from? I don't need one that's built just a stock one will work for me.

    ReplyDelete